Friday, June 16, 2006
About Me
- Name: Mrs. Mick
My BS in English Education is from Missouri Western. My Masters is in Education and Curriculum from Avila Universtiy. I love to teach. I am always looking for innovative ways to help students learn. I am teaching a variety of classes this year: AP senior English, Creative Writing, Speech and Forensics and Debate. I like to stay busy. I enjoy working with Prairie Lands Writing Project a professional development group specializing in teaching teachers to teach literacy in all the content areas. I serve as the Professional Development Director for our site hosted at Missouri Western State University. I have two children in college Northwest and William Jewell. My daughter is a senior at NW and is a member of the National Guard. My son is a junior at William Jewell. He runs CC, indoor and outdoor track. My husband and I like to watch sporting events together and go to the golf course. He plays golf; I read.

4 Comments:
Each time I read The Giver I am uncertain how a society could become one of people who blindly follow the government. But as I remember the holocaust, I am vividly reminded that most of Europe did nothing to stop the German government’s treatment of Jews. Many Jews did not even believe what was happening. So I guess I shouldn’t be surprised than Jonah and his family blindly follow the government.
Chris, I agree with you but sometimes I wonder if we just accept our society like Jonas and his family accepted their society.
What makes us question society?
What are some good movies or other books that have members of society who blindly follow their societal traditions?
Do you think anyone besides Jonas questioned society?
Post a Comment
<< Home